“If you're afraid to fail, then you're probably going to fail.” –Kobe Bryant
在美西時間2020年1月26日，Kobe與13歲的寶貝女兒Gianna一同離開了我們，奉獻給NBA與湖人隊的20年生涯中，他帶給我們的不僅是回憶，更是一種對於夢想的努力執著。就讓我們來一同回顧 Kobe 的勵志名言，令曼巴魂長存於我們心中。
Kobe Bryant 自1996 年起踏入 NBA 殿堂，當時的他只有 17 歲。1996 年後半加入湖人隊後，便展開他為期 20 年的湖人傳奇。於 2015 年11月30日撰文宣布退役，並寫下自己對籃球的熱愛。 他寫道：
I fell in love with you. A love so deep I gave you my all – From my mind & body to my spirit & soul.
Kobe 生涯單場平均得分 25.4 分、生涯總得分高達 33643 分，在歷史排名為第三。擁抱 5 枚冠軍戒指、1 屆年度 MVP、2 屆 FMVP、4 屆明星賽 MVP、11 屆年度第一隊、9 屆年度防守第一隊、2 屆聯盟得分王、2 屆奧運金牌加冕，他幾乎包辦所有的榮耀。
再讓我們來回顧一下 Kobe Bryant 的職籃生涯吧！
Kobe 的起跑點事實上一點也不順遂，從剛開始不被看好的高中小子成為現在我們看到的史詩級傳奇球星，他的成功完全不是偶然，也非僥倖。這一切都來自於他的個性和處事的態度，Kobe 從一始終忠於自己的籃球夢想，不畏挫折和困難，堅持到底。所以在許多球迷心中，Kobe 除了是傳奇球星，更是激勵人心的偶像。
你也有夢想卻缺乏像 Kobe Bryant 一樣義無反顧的勇氣嗎？小 V 為大家整理了 25 句 Kobe 的經典名句，學起來也可以激勵自己喔！
1. What people see on court is another side of me; it's not me.
2. One thing you gotta know about me is I have absolutely no filter. I have no problem saying what the hell I think of someone.
3. The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.
4. I focus on one thing and one thing only – that’s trying to win as many championships as I can.
5. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. No matter what the injury – unless it's completely debilitating – I'm going to be the same player I've always been. I'll figure it out. I'll make some tweaks, some changes, but I'm still coming.
我就在這，哪兒也不去，不管受了什麼傷 — 除非我完全衰弱 — 我還是會一直是像以前一樣的球員。我會看著辦，我會做出一些調整、一些改變，但我還是來了。
6. I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I'm like, “My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don't have it. I just want to chill.” We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it.
7. I'm playing against great players, playing against the best in the world. The competition – that's what I've always wanted.
我正在跟偉大的球員們打球，和世界上最好的球員們競爭。這比賽 — 就是我一直想要的。
8. I've played with a broken hand, a sprained ankle, a torn shoulder, a fractured tooth, a severed lip, and a knee the size of a softball. I don't miss 15 games because of a toe injury that everybody knows wasn't that serious in the first place.
9. The topic of leadership is a touchy one. A lot of leaders fail because they don't have the bravery to touch that nerve or strike that chord. Throughout my years, I haven't had that fear.
10. I can't relate to lazy people. We don't speak the same language. I don't understand you. I don't want to understand you.
11. I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant.
12. I'm chasing perfection.
13. Can I jump over two or three guys like I used to? No. Am I as fast as I used to be? No, but I still have the fundamentals and smarts. That's what enables me to still be a dominant player. As a kid growing up, I never skipped steps. I always worked on fundamentals because I know athleticism is fleeting.
14. I'll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it's sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.
15. Magic has five championships. I have five championships. I'm pretty sure we both know what we're doing.
16. I draw from the crowd a lot.
17. I love going one-on-one with someone. That's what I do. I've never lost. It’s a whole different game, just to have them right in front of you and be able to do whatever you want.
18. I'm extremely willful to win, and I respond to challenges. Scoring titles and stuff like that… it sounds, well, I don't care how it sounds – to me, scoring comes easy. It's not a challenge to me to win the scoring title, because I know I can.
我非常恣意的贏了，回應了那些挑戰。得分王之類的頭銜……它們聽起來好像，嗯，我不在乎它們聽起來怎樣 — 對我來說，得分並不難。贏得得分王的頭銜對我來說並不算是個挑戰，因為我知道我可以。
19. Everything negative — pressure, challenges — is all an opportunity for me to rise.
每件負面的事 – 壓力、挑戰 – 都是一個讓我提升的機會。
20. These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.
21. My parents are my backbone. Still are. They're the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.
22. If you're afraid to fail, then you're probably going to fail.
23. The most important thing is you must put everybody on notice that you're here and you are for real. I'm not a player that is just going to come and go. I'm not a player that is going to make an All-Star team one time, two times. I'm here to be an all-time great. Once I made that commitment and said, ‘I want to be one of the greatest ever’, then the game became everything for me.
24. There's a choice that we have to make as people, as individuals. If you want to be great at something, there's a choice you have to make. We all can be masters at our craft, but you have to make a choice. What I mean by that is, there are inherent sacrifices that come along with that. Family time, hanging out with friends, being a great friend, being a great son, nephew, whatever the case may be. There are sacrifices that come along with making that decision.
25. Are you willing to push the right buttons even if it means being perceived as the villain? … I'd rather be perceived as a winner than a good teammate. I wish they both went hand in hand all the time but that’s just not reality. … I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success.
即使會被眾人當成惡棍，你還會做對的決定嗎?….我寧願被認為是一個贏家而非一個好隊友。我希望能同時兼顧兩者，但是這是不實際的…. 我和那些懶惰的人 ─ 那些只會將自己沒有成功的原因怪罪於他人的人─ 並沒有任何共同點。
本文經授權轉載自VoiceTube。（原標題：再見了黑曼巴！一代傳奇 Kobe Bryant 的 25 句超勵志經典名言）